Pam Ayres – Not Appearing in Exeter
Mother’s Day, Sunday 2nd March, Pam Ayres is to perform a show that will be broadcast via satellite live to 16 cinemas in the Picturehouses chain of cinemas.
Unlike the Wurzels who gladly included Exeter in their 2007 World Tour Pam has turned her back on live shows in Exeter and the South West.
Pam is however more hip to the beat than her fan base expect spitting lines such as
The thing about Pam you need to understand – I’m hot like the Ginsters fresh out the pan.
Ask me no questions – I’ll tell you no lies – Im tasty like the Pasty or Meat and @tater pie
Pam’s last tour of comprised 16 shows coast-to-coast in Australia, which included a full house in the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall, as well as fully sold out performances at the Edinburgh Assembly Rooms for the Festival Fringe.
The show at WIMBORNE – Tivoli Theatre will be broadcast live and direct ny satelite to the following Picturehouses at 3pm:
- ABERDEEN Belmont
- BATH Little Theatre Cinema
- BRIGHTON Duke of York’s
- CAMBRIDGE Arts Picturehouse
- EDINBURGH Cameo Picturehouse
- EXETER Picturehouse
- HENLEY Regal Picturehouse
- LIVERPOOL Picturehouse at FACT
- LONDON Clapham Picturehouse
- LONDON Gate Picturehouse
- LONDON Greenwich Picturehouse
- NORWICH Cinema City – Rumours that Delia will be re-launching herself at this event unfounded
- OXFORD Phoenix Picturehouse
- SOUTHAMPTON Harbour Lights Picturehouse
- STRATFORD-u-AVON Picturehouse
- YORK City Screen Picturehouse
Cinema Tickets at around £15 are available for all cinemas on 0871 704 2068, or more information at www.picturehouses.co.uk/pamayres
As yet I have yet to discover a link that I can catch a live webcast or even a podcast of this special event via broadband internet which would be helpful for those unable to afford or find it difficult to attend.
“Pam Ayres is a proper poet, whose wistful, funny, and perceptive verse captures both the joy and unfairness of life.”